Tuesday, November 14, 2017

a nap in the mountains





i fell asleep under the watch of the sun, time spinning slowly. the hand print of her love all over my face. the morning is always the longest part of the day, darkness stretching on. even under the watch of brave Orion, i would still find myself humming to distract myself from the frost seeping into my toes. the cerulean stirring into the indigo.

but when the sun finally climbs over the tall pines behind me, i can exhale as the warmth falls in a heap over my cold bones. the chill cuts to the bone, even more so when you are alone. i know you know. it is not the night sky, not the frosty wind, not even the silhouettes that bother you. it is the darkness that cleaves to your heart. you rub your hands together, cup and breathe, but oh, it does not go. you stand up and you rock back and forth on your toes. nothing relieves the grip it has.

until you glimpse His face, a promise in waiting. when the morning finally slips into the light. you taste the grace of hope, honey glaze dripping slowly. He glances over His blue shoulder, i get caught up in the clouds drifting. i am supposed to be watching the forest, but it doesn't matter now that He is here.

let me take a load off your shoulders, He murmurs. the pillars of the trees drop the weight of the heavy snow. i lean against the rock behind me and face the Son. learn the beauty of the silence. of the girl who falls asleep in the mountains far from home. of the brave boy who would wake up in the night just to stoke the stoves.

i know you are just as scared as i am. but though the ice seems to become a part of you, learn to trace the skies with your eyes. nothing compares to the glory that is to come. eternity, find me waiting. find me waiting.

/x
woke up at 6am wide awake. made pancakes at 9am. sang alone. it's good to be home. also tell me something you've been loving in the comments. eheheh.



24 comments:

  1. Something I have been loving...well, you... :-)

    Also "Wood and Nails" by Audrey Assad and Josh Garrels. And cold nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARE YOU TRYING TO BUTTER ME UP FOR SOMETHING? just kidding. i know you're not, but i couldn't pass up the chance to say butter.

      love those allllll, but you more than any of them. x

      Delete
  2. Ah love this girl <333
    I'm loving babysitting a tiny
    newborn!👣 (Who wouldn't) And the leaves and the air and just AUTUMN. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH LOVE YOU BEAN. ooooooo. a little newborn? my smol heart is rejoicing!! AUTUMN IS GOOD. GOD IS GOOD. x

      Delete
  3. Currently loving this post and also the feeling that life is starting to fall into place, even though I don't know where it's going. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow currently loving u

      Also amen. that is just. yes. falling into place. (I have to admit, though, I'M SCAAARREDDD so pray that I would trust God)

      Delete
  4. Reading your post makes me craving more and more for some time outdoor and adventure. I think it's true in the saying that life happens at you at the right time. The process there might not be all smooth and clean, but it will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA. go get it, my friend. the world awaits for your ready hands. also yes, following Christ makes it all worth it in the end. every heartache. every stumble. every broken bone and broken heart. at the foot of the cross, everything is worth it.

      Delete
  5. SNOW. SNOW IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
    but so are these words <3 <3 <3

    i'm loving the fact that winter is nearly upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSSS. *dances* basically yes to this whole comment. laughies. snow and winter. helloooooo. x

      Delete
  6. i am loving /this,/ (which seems to be the general consensus in these comments, you must have a fan club or something...) especially this bit: "i know you are just as scared as i am. but though the ice seems to become a part of you, learn to trace the skies with your eyes."
    i am also loving the fact that i GOT TO SEE YOUR GLORIOUS FACE LAST NIGHT. wow. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAH A FAN CLUB. the thought kind of makes me laugh really hard. whoops.
      also wow, i totally needed that line right now. ugh. God works through all of these things, you know? how even.
      I GOT TO SEE YOUR FACE AS WELLLLLL. WHATTTTT. WE NEED TO SCHEDULE ANOTHER TIME SOON BECAUSE THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN. x

      Delete
  7. Wow this is so good this spoke to me so muchhhh ahh. Something I've been loving? Besides your poetry? Probably dark green leaves as well as canned peaches (I love canned peaches). Lovely work as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CANNED PEACHES? i am screeeaammming. delicious (even though I prefer fresh peaches HAHA but i'll take what I can get).
      ahhhh. loves. thank you so much. xx

      Delete
  8. WOW. Sometimes I don't realize how much I miss snow until it comes again.
    Something I've been loving...I just LOVE that the holidays are coming up. I CANNOT WAIT to spend time with my cousins especially. I always love your posts because they always have a glimpse of some sort of God, yet it's so subtle and beautiful. Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAMMMMEEE.
      oh my goodness. HOLIDAYs. I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT GIFTS ALREADY BUT I AM A SLOW BABY. AHH.
      aww. that is so sweet. thank you so much, Lauren. xx

      Delete
  9. i've been luving my memories, and the promise of hope forever and ever. heck i luved this. so much. time for a nap. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've been luvin u. i miss you a lot too so come see me soon or i'll cry. x

      Delete
  10. I've been loving each and every day. Yesterday was jazz (I saw the gorgeous and snazzy costumes for our Christmas recital!!!), Thursday was pottery, Wednesday was Youth Group, it has been just GREAT. Also, learning Christmas songs on the piano!!! THE HOLIDAYS YESSSS. We're heading over to Target and Hobby Lobby today to get craft supplies so I can start making Christmas presents!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAWWAJWHAHAHA. JAZZ. YES. POTTERY YES. YOUTH GROUP YES. CHRISTMAS SONGS YES. HOLIDAYS + GIFTS YYYYESSSSSS. *dances around* that is so GOOD TO HEAR. God is crazy good ugh ugh ugh <3 x

      Delete
  11. what am i loving? well, you, for starters. your words are so beautiful. so, so beautiful, my dear. you are golden sunlight through the pine trees on a cold day, nostalgia personified. please keep writing forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grace u r giving me hart an ache ooooo man. HAHAH. but seriously, thank you so much. that means a lot. loves. x

      Delete
  12. Wow, this. You leave me at a loss for words. But it doesn't matter how deep your words strike, they're always hopeful and point back to Him, and never fail to inspire and push me back to where I need to be. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAAANNN. MY HEART. THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR. I just want to be a little moonbeam, reflecting the glory of our King. stink. am I crying. LOVE YOU. x

      Delete

make it count. x