Sunday, September 5, 2021

i miss you so -


 i miss you so
much the tide in my heart 
hasn't stopped dropping.
i know you are not out at sea,
yet i spend my time writing
love notes in glass bottles
and chucking them as far as i can.
i find them on the shore,
later, when i am aching,
as the water leaves them behind.

i look for
you in everything. as if
you'll be there when i turn the corner.
you aren't gone. forever, that is. you 
will come back, but i keep opening
my mouth to say something to
you then close it softly.
lovesick fills your absence within
me. it is a tender, sensitive thing
to juggle with.
if i'm not careful, it sneaks out
of the corner of my eyes and
wets my cheeks.

i miss you so
my love. 
it is written all over the way i grieve
every ordinary goodbye.

/x


No comments:

Post a Comment

make it count. x