Tuesday, November 13, 2018

i don't need you to love me














the light feels thick from the stars, strangling me into
a muggy heartache.
you don't have to love me, i murmur, always always
twisting in the night. you don't have to love me.
but no matter how many times i say those words,
i can't quite make my feelings obey in submission.
in a lot of ways, i want you to love me.

i want memories where the heat of the moment
lights up our faces, casting gentle shadows.
the blurry memories. the ones where you can't quite
remember what you were laughing about, but you
just remember your heart was in high tide.
it doesn't have to be a lover's kind of love. she
talked about soulmates, and how they can come for
those moments where time stands still.
in a lot of ways, i want to believe you were one.
because when i throw a glance over my shoulder,
certain pieces of time peek at me like glitter in the
sunlight.

but i don't need you to love me
for me to love you.

/x

hey punks! lately my favorite feeling has been the freshness that comes when you move on from old feelings. what about you? 

6 comments:

  1. They say that feelings toward people are easier to remember than the details of what they said and where you were with them. These words agree with that. Your writing is always some of my favorite to read. These words left me a little broken haha but the good kind.
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's actually my entire life r u kidding me. AHAHAH. I am so so badddd at remembering details, definitely more feeling orientated. so yes. also you are so kind!! <3 that touches my heart. AND ahHH glad it was the good broken ;)

      Delete
  2. my HEART.

    this left me so nostalgic and wrapped up in a thousand feelings all at once. but then again, your writing always seems to do that to me. "certain pieces of time peek at me like glitter in the sunlight." you are eloquence in motion and magic in the form of a human being and i freaking adore you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahehslefsahawil !!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))) <- me right now no joke HAHAHAHAHAH. yikes. i love love love you grace anne :') WHAT CAN I SAY UGH AHAH YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND THIS IS THE BEST COMMENT I'VE GOTTEN IN LIKE FIVE YEARS and UEUGIOSHOA <3 <3 <3 thank you forever. x all my love!

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOOOOOSH MY HEART IS IN ACTUAL GOOD PAIN I LOVE YOU !!!!/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHFEJAIWA CAN I JUST SAY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT IT HURTS??????111 what the heck. you brighten my day :'))) x

      Delete

make it count. x