Thursday, January 17, 2019

hard into holy



i am coughing up blood, the color of confusion
the beat in my chest feels more like a knife turning
there are spots when i try to look at your face
clarity has abandoned the weak

feelings tell me that truth is just russian roulette
a game of chance, a game that leaves you hoping
but Something tells me we all know that's a lie
it goes deeper than the serial doubter's doubts
a steadfast stone, solid,
unchanging.
always true, no matter the circumstance.

peter looked Him in the eyes and declared
a feeling to be fact. knowing and kind,
He prophesied three crows.
only three, and by the third, he was pale and sore.
weeping over fragile foundations.

if He is God and He is good, comes sorrow under the shield of anger, then why does He let bad things happen?
you are still small, i sigh a laugh, even though my ribs
creak under the small movement of that.
because He is just? because actions have consequences? because He is sovereign?
we are eternal beings in finite bodies trying to decrypt
a message most of us are unwilling to hear.

you are not enough.
my splintering flesh is evidence,
as i stumble into walls of all of my mistakes, and trip
over rotten actions, still yet to be surrendered.
when have i ever been enough? born a sinner, the old man ruling.

but He is enough. 
that is all it takes to still my heart. the knife stops churning.
the arteries are cleared. my hands steady.
there is no hesitation in His spirit,
and He gives to those who are willing to break and believe.

the murmuring of the earth speaks of glory,
and i am finding Love twinkling in her eyes when she sits beside me.
i watch as he runs under the dark winter sky,
the Star in him shining brighter than the ones above.
i am amazed by His redemption in the pain.
give me hard. give me holy. let me see You.

/x

13 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    So much love wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I had to read that twice in a row it was just that good. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAH. man you're making me squish with happiness. love ya. x

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely <3 I especially like the lines "we are eternal beings in finite bodies trying to decrypt / a message most of us are unwilling to hear."

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLLA HOLLA <3333 THANKS ELEANOR. xxxxxx aawww.

      Delete
  4. I COULD APPLAUD. This was lovely, lovely, lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I COULD CRY IF U DID AHAHAH. xxxx love u, thanks! :')

      Delete
  5. Oh, Cally. I don't know how you do it. You weave magic through your words and I just want to give you the biggest hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awejahewaiwai. i'm here. i like hugs. gimme. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOREVER AND EVER. UGH GRACEEEEE. x

      Delete
  6. I love reading your blog. Great stuff. I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete

make it count. x