Tuesday, January 30, 2018

to the one i long for





To the one I long for,
hi my love.

today is long, a pen weaves between my fingers as I sigh.
It has been more than a long day.
It has been a long, long life. she is afraid no one will stay, and I am afraid I will have no one to stay for.
I hope for you.

you are not a promise
to me.
I am not promised your strong arms, heart that hurts when mine hurts,
striving selfless love.

these are confusing days, and I shove my face into my palms,
as if I’ll find your name
written into the wrinkles that tell fortune tellers miracles.

I will wait for you, if He wills me to have you.
so be strong and brave in these weary days. weary months. weary years.
may He be with you in your aches, as well as mine.
(and give you wisdom.)

so be it.

/x

8 comments:

make it count. x